The Interim Board of Directors for the formation of Blue Shield Sweden in cooperation with Blue Shield International are pleased to invite you to this virtual event!
A national committee is being formed in Sweden and in order to spread knowledge about the purpose and activities of the Blue Shield Movement, Blue Shield Sweden (Under Construction) and Blue Shield International invite cultural heritage institutions and central actors in total defence to this exciting digital seminar.
- Peter Stone, President Blue Shield International and UNESCO Chair of Property Cultural Protection, Professor of Heritage Studies New Castle University and Founder of Blue Shield UK.
- Dr. Emma Cunliffe, Secretariat of Blue Shield International, Senior Research Associate, Cultural Property Protection and Peace, Newcastle University and Fellow of Blue Shield UK.
- Representatives from our Swedish interim board consisting of Swedish ICOM, Swedish ICOMOS and national representatives of ICA and IFLA.
- The Blue Shield Movement – Operations and Value.
- The 1954 Hague Convention and national responsibility for the protection of cultural heritage.
- Experiences from the introduction of Culture Property Protection – in the field and at a strategic level in civil and military defence.
- Blue Shield Sweden – opportunities and added value?
- Example from the Netherlands – cooperation and effects on the military defence’s work with the protection of cultural heritage.
Date: Monday 13 November
Time: 10.30-12.30 CET
Last day to register: 7 November
We look forwarding to welcoming you!