The Founding Conference of the Association of National Committees of the Blue Shield (ANCBS) was held in The Hague in December 2008.
The founders of the Association include the already established National Committees of:
- Czech Republic,
- The Netherlands,
The following decisions were adopted at the conference:
- The Association’s Statute was adopted;
- The Operational Program and Financial Program were adopted;
- The Association’s board with ten members were appointed
- Karl von Habsburg from Austria was appointed President
- The Association’s headquarters was decided to be in the Hague.
Theoretical and practical aspects of the Blue Shield activities were also presented at the conference.
This information is taken from the publication by Krste Bogoeski: Twenty Years Blue Shield (1996-2016).