- 7 Download
- 286.64 KB File Size
- 1 File Count
- October 26, 2018 Create Date
- October 26, 2018 Last Updated
We have chosen to only include open access articles and papers here on general themes, rather than articles on focused topics, although there is a large body of research literature on this topic. These papers provide some of the most recent think tank work to complement our law library section on this topic. However, this is a relatively new topic, and there is currently very little information available, particularly with regards to cultural heritage destruction and human rights.
Inclusion does not indicate endorsement by the Blue Shield of the views and opinions in them.
You can download this list below.
- Rashid International website contains an excellent introduction to this topic.
- Weiss, Thomas G. and Connelly, Nina. 2017. Cultural Cleansing and Mass Atrocities: Protecting Cultural Heritage in Armed Conflict Zones. J. Paul Getty Trust Occasional Papers (1).
Paper arguing for the legal concept of Right to Protect for CPP.
- Gerstenblith, P. 2016. "The Destruction of Cultural Heritage: A Crime Against Property or a Crime Against People?" 15 J. Marshall Rev. Intell. Prop. L. 336. Available online.
- For more information on human rights, see the United Nations Human Rights website
- More information about how the intentional destruction of cultural heritage is a violation of human rights is available on the Special Rapporteur’s website.
- International Journal of Heritage Studies: 2012 Special Issue - World Heritage and Human Rights: Preserving our Common Dignity through Rights Based Approaches. Requires access / purchase on their website.
- Silverman, Helaine, and Ruggles, D. Fairchild (Eds.) 2007. Cultural Heritage and Human Rights. Springer.