- 18 Download
- 289.40 KB File Size
- 2 File Count
- October 24, 2018 Create Date
- April 2, 2019 Last Updated
Freely available articles relating to CPP and Law.
We have chosen to only include open access articles and papers here on general themes, rather than articles on focused topics, although there is a large body of research literature on this topic. These papers provide some of the most recent think tank work to complement our law library.
Inclusion does not indicate endorsement by the Blue Shield of the views and opinions in them.
You can download this list below.
- O’Keefe, R., Péron, C., Musayev, T., and Ferrari, G. 2016. Protection of Cultural Property Military Manual. UNESCO and the International Institute of Humanitarian Law.
Available on UNESCOs website.
Useful manual interpreting the law regarding cultural property protection in armed conflict, written by some of the leading CPP lawyers..
- Weiss, Thomas G. and Connelly, Nina. 2017. Cultural Cleansing and Mass Atrocities: Protecting Cultural Heritage in Armed Conflict Zones. J. Paul Getty Trust Occasional Papers (1).
Paper arguing for the legal concept of Right to Protect for CPP.
- Corn, G. S. 2005. “Snipers in the Minaret―What Is the Rule?” The Law of War and the Protection of Cultural Property: A Complex Equation. JULY 2005, The Army Lawyer, DA PAM 27-50-386. Available online.
- Gerstenblith, P. 2016. "The Destruction of Cultural Heritage: A Crime Against Property or a Crime Against People?" 15 J. Marshall Rev. Intell. Prop. L. 336. Available online.
You can also download the 1954 Hague Convention, both Protocols and the Regulations for Execution as a single pdf below.