- These articles are available open access Copyright
- 23 Download
- 3.08 MB File Size
- 7 File Count
- June 18, 2018 Create Date
- June 3, 2019 Last Updated
The following articles about Blue Shield and its history have kindly been shared open access.
- Aglassa, T. (c.2002) Blue Shield in Benin, in ICOM Cultural Heritage Disaster Preparedness and Response, pp. 103-113.
- Bogoeski, K. (2016) Twenty Years Blue Shield (1996 - 2016).
- Carcione, M. (2009) The Regime of International Protection of Cultural Property in the Event of Armed Conflict: the role of the ICBS and cultural NGOs against UNESCO. Partially published in War Free World Heritage Listed Cities - Project News no.7 July 2013, pp. 1-2.
- Koch, C. (2003) A Blue Shield for the Protection of our Endangered Cultural Heritage. Proceedings of the 68th IFLA General Conference 2002, Open Session co-organised by PAC Core Activity and the Section on National Libraries. International Preservation Issues Number Four.
Translated from the original French by C. Koch.
- P. Gerstenblith, P., and Wilkie, N. C. (2017) The U.S. Committee of the Blue Shield and the Blue Shield Movement, NATO Legal Gazette 38, 70-79. Available for download.
- Pinna, G. and Carcione, M. (2003) The Italian Blue Shield Committee, in ICOM Cultural Heritage Disaster Preparedness and Response, pp. 159-167. Available for download.
- Shimmon, R. (2004) The International Committee of the Blue Shield 1998-2004: an Overview, ALEXANDRIA 16(3), 133-141
- Stone, P. G. (2017) Protecting cultural property in the event of armed conflict: the work of the Blue Shield, Adelaide Law School Research Unit on Military Law and Ethics RUMLAE Research Paper No. 17-02
- Varlamoff, M-T. (2002) The Blue Shield Initiative. Joining Efforts to Preserve our Cultural Heritage in Danger, LIBER QUARTERLY 12, 275-282
The following articles are not open access. If you would like a copy, please contact Blue Shield International, or download them from an academic library.
- Mackenzie, G. P. (2000) Working for the Protection of the World’s Cultural Heritage: The International Committee of the Blue Shield, Journal of the Society of Archivists, 21:1, 5-10, DOI: 10.1080/00379810050006876
- Stone, P.G. (2013) A four-tier approach to the protection of cultural property in the event of armed conflict, Antiquity 87, 166–177
- Stone, P.G. (2016) The Challenge of Protecting Heritage in Times of Armed Conflict, Museum International No. 265-268, 40-54.
|Aglassa Blue Shield in Benin in ICOM Cultural Heritage Disaster Preparedness and Response.pdf||Download|
|Krste Bogoeski_Twenty Years Blue Shield (1996-2016).pdf||Download|
|Carcione- The Regime of International Protection of Cultural property in the Event of Armed Conflict.pdf||Download|
|Shimmon, R - ICBS 1998-2004 an overview.pdf||Download|
|Stone_Protecting CP in Armed Conflict_the Blue Shield RUMLAE Res Paper 17 02.pdf||Download|
|Varlamoff, M.-T. The Blue Shield Initiative.pdf||Download|